Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Tetons, Yellowstones, traffic, and the sound of wild cows in the night

sorry i keep forgeting to change the color of my post to blue
for logan and our mens group in baltimore

Ok so basically I’m not sure where to start. There are lots of pictures coming….. So we camped outside Logan UT in a valley that had designated camping spots. It wasn’t bad, there was a small hiking/jogging trail and in the morning a couple ladies ran by, we joked about putting fishing line up to trip people and sit with cameras ready. But being good Christian boys we refrained (ok so we didn’t have fishing line but…)

We then headed through the Grand Tetons and into Yellowstone, camping outside of Lewis Lake in a campground.

The next day we headed to old faithful just to miss it by 5 minutes. So we hiked around a bit till 92 minutes later there she went! So at this point I needed some space and I was sick of all the cars and traffic. See when I’m in Gods wilderness I don’t want to see people, smell people, hear people, or especially get stuck behind a bunch of stinking RVs! So I headed out the west end of the park up into the hills, as the guys continued to do a loop around Yellowstone. I found a gravel road and with lots of time to spare I did a small photo shoot,
got to love the self timer

then continued 40 miles out and up and out this sweet road(Johnny ridge road). I saw some of the most amazing views. I went to the top of Black Butte it was 10k feet and there was snow along the road some places.

At this point I still hadn’t found a good spot to camp that didn’t require artic polar wear and heated undies. So I headed back to the low lands to find us a good spot to camp. While setting up camp and waiting for the crew to show up there was some very disturbing distress calls being sounded in the surrounding hills. Well here it was some free roaming calves trying to find there mothers. Then in the morning we had some very curious cows coming into our campsite as we were pulling out and the guys just left me there putting my ear plugs in all by myself!So I snapped a few pics and took off leaving some very confused cows in my dust. We did 350 miles and we are now at the YWAM Montana base visiting some of Chads friends. Oh and in the realm of hygiene news I am have now gotten my second shower of the trip, the first one in eight days! I will have to say it was a bit refreshing, but I wasn’t feeling/smelling to bad. If I thought I smelled I would stand in the smoke of the fire and then no one would ever know! Sleeping in a bed tonight, hopefully it won’t make us too soft! ………………….till a later time………….at piece

No comments:

Post a Comment