Friday, October 15, 2010

THOUGHTS ON MEXICO.

Well we have made it through 6 days in Mexico and are beginning day 7. So far it has been amazing here. I've come to realize that the media back in the states probably over hypes what is taking place here. While I know bad stuff is happening, I'm not so sure it is as bad as they are making it out to be. Not once have we ever felt in danger or even a little bit uneasy. I think a big reason for this is that we have a very big God who is in control of everything and I know he is watching out for us and I also know there are so many of you praying for us as well and I thank you for that, please continue to do so.
Riding here in Mexico is so much fun. We've done a lot of highway riding which isn't any different than back home, but once you get into the towns it is completely different. The first thing that you notice about riding through small Mexican towns is the "topes" or speed bumps. It is a wonder they don't use these things more often in the states, because they definitely make you slow down. Most of them aren't too bad, but a few of them I've bottomed out on. Minus the speed bumps, riding through the towns is very fascinating to me. It allows you to get a good glimpse of the culture, even if it is for a passing moment. We get a lot of stares from people and little children pointing at us and some shouts of I don't know what. Yesterday I'm pretty sure a couple of little boys were just messing with me as I was riding through their town. I saw them and I waved at them, but didn't realize that there was a speed bump right there, so as I was waving I nailed the speed bump and I'm sure the boys laughed hysterically. Another fun thing about riding here in Mexico is being able to pass wherever and whenever you can. I'm not sure if it is actually legal or not, but we do it and it is a blast.
We've passed through so many towns from big to small and have seen so many different faces and all of it has added up to a fantastic ride through Mexico thus far.We are currently in Playa Azul and are going to be going down to the beach shortly and relaxing and maybe through some frisbee or get pummeled by the waves. We aren't really sure where we are going to be riding to tonight, but I'm sure wherever it is it will be an awesome ride and God will be guiding us the whole way. So until next time, Adios!

p.s. I was trying to post a video of Laban talking about how I stole his cover last night in the freezing cold hotel room, but it wasn't uploading so maybe I'll try again later. And for the record the cover was just laying on the floor in the middle of the night and he wasn't using it, so I didn't really steal it.



-- Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment