Saturday, October 23, 2010

Late night thoughts wide awake on awesome Honduran coffee

The riches of life are in memories, and memories are in moments... moments that you don't forget.

 Moments like when I was showing off and almost totaled my bike, and four guys spent over an hour sweating and heaving to get it back up on the road and ridable again. After it was all over Kevin walked up and said, "Hey Laban" and gave me a big hug.
 Moments like when Dwayne walked up to me and said, "I'll go with you". I was going way out of the way to see my Dad and there was nothing in it for Dwayne. When I asked him why he came along he said, "Well I just thought wouldn't really be any fun camping all by yourself." (That night we rode till one in the morning through the rain while the other guys were sleeping in dry beds, and Dwayne never complained.)
 Moments like when Nate and I climbed into a Mexican fort in the dark, scaling its walls and arches behind gates that were meant to keep people out.
 Moments like when Chad and I were playing Frisbee in the early morning dew, by a beautiful lake in the Guatemalan mountains.
 Moments like when one of the guys will say,"I'm glad you came along on this trip."
                                       
                                    Friends make moments unforgettable. 

- Laban    

3 comments:

  1. Whoop Whoop!! Sounds like a blast dude! :)

    Glad everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Laban! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, not that I'm biased or anything, but I loved this post, bro! Thanks so much for writing. I miss you lots.... I had a dream last night that I saw you riding through the streets of Lewisburg, on your way home, and I was trying SO hard to catch up to you and couldn't.... :) I'm so glad that your're having a great time... soak in all of the moments!! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete