Monday, November 22, 2010

Bike Repair

After my accident in Panama, I knew my there were still issues with the front end of the bike. I took the bike apart (at the Hostel de Clayton where we stayed two nights along the canal) and determined both front forks were bent. 
Diagnosing at hostel

The bike was still ridable, but I was concerned about riding it all the way home and doing more damage in the process.  Chad was able to contact the Suzuki dealer in San Jose, CR, and they had the parts I needed. Dwayne also needed a part for his bike, which they had. We got to the dealer about 9am, Monday a week ago and had to wait over an hour for the guy Chad had talked to. He was able to get my bike in right away and within 3 hrs it was fixed!  There's still an issue or two to be fixed, but not enough to keep me from riding it home.
Dealer in San Jose

Bike in the ER

Bent forks which were replaced



I'm so thankfully for God's provident care in providing parts for my bike so I can continue this journey!
Also, wanted to post a picture of us waiting in the dealer but couldn't. Thanks guys for waiting it out with me and missing b-ball (Got a game of 20?s in though. Tiles, really Laban?).

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment